To RAMS Families,
I hope everyone is doing well.
There have been many developments over the last few days which have led to our decision to cancel the last week of the season.
- The league is having trouble supplying referees.
- There was a positive Covid-19 diagnosis with one of the North Delta Atom players.
- The PHO (Provincial Health Office) is tightening our restrictions to play.
As always, the safety of all our players, parents, families, coaches and association come first.
Despite ending one week early, we have had an amazing season. We have new RAMS players and families. As an organization I am so proud of how we all have stepped up and come together, so the children could play. The RAMS are regarded as a class act in South Delta and in the rest of the VMFL.
We do have some post season events we need all of you to focus on the next 2-3 weeks.
1. Equipment Return : All equipment, clothing, pads should be properly cleaned and sanitized.
- U8 Flag Gold return is Tuesday November 24 at 5:30 pm
- U8 Flag Green return is Tuesday November 24 at 6:00 pm
- Atom Gold return is Thursday November 26 at 5:30 pm
- Atom Green return is Thursday November 26 at 6:30 pm
- JB Gold return is Tuesday Dec 1 at 6:00 pm
2. Toy Drive : this year more than ever the patients at BC Children’s Hospital have had an especially difficult time with Covid-19 restricting much needed visitation from parents and families. Led by the Junior Bantam team, the RAMS will make the Holiday season a little brighter for the kids at BC Children’s by providing toys. On Saturday December 5 at 11:00 am we will be collecting the toys at Dennison. Please refer to the link here to see guidelines on appropriate donations. Toys should be dropped off at the club house on the 5th of December from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. Our goal is for 150 toys to be able to be dropped off on behalf of the Rams.
3. Awards Night: One of the highlights of our season is Awards night! It will be different this season as we will be holding it virtually on Zoom. Please make sure you are set up with Zoom. Awards night will be on Tuesday December 8. Emailed invites will be sent out for the below times.
- U8 Flag Gold and Green 5:30 pm
- Atom Gold and Green 6:15 pm
- JB Gold 7:15 pm
On behalf of the RAMS Executive thank you for a great season!
TACKLE AND FLAG PROGRAMS
AGES 12 - 13
Welcome to the South Delta Rams Football club. We are based in sunny Tsawwassen, and welcome all players aged 6 through 15 in our vicinity. We field football teams in both the Fall Tackle/Flag and Spring Flag seasons.
Spring flag is a fast paced, non-contact 5 on 5 flag format. There are 5 jamborees and a Provincial tournament each year. It is a very fun game to play and is a great introduction to the sport to learn the fundamentals of passing, catching and of course scoring touchdowns. The season runs from the middle of April to the middle of June.
Our fall program features a mix of tackle and flag. Tackle is played from PeeWee (ages 10-11) and Junior Bantam (ages 12-13). There is a flag option for ages 6-7 (5 on 5 same rules as the spring league) and Atom flag (ages 8-9) which features a modified 9 man flag game. The fall season starts Labour day and the regular season is 10 weeks (rain or shine!). Practices usually start at the end of July and run Tuesday nights and Thursday nights, regardless of the age group. The games are mainly on Sundays, with a few games played under the "Friday night lights"!
The South Delta Rams provide all of the equipment your player will need, with the exception of cleats and a mouth guard.